Making the operation of an EPR-I Boiler Room environmentally friendly
Between 1996 and 2010, we carried out projects for our customer Prunerov-I Power Plant in CEZ Group for making their operations more environmentally friendly. These activities have led to a reduction of NOx emissions, improvement of boiler performance and fixing problems that were caused by old technology or by a gradual change of their fuel base. The projects are briefly listed below. In addition to this list, our company performs services including long-distance diagnostics of 350t/h-boiler operations, on-site measurements and setting of the combustion mode.
- 1996 – A plan of primary measures and a design of operational algorithms to reduce NOx emissions in the K3 pulverized coal-fired boiler as a subcontractor for Vítkovice a. s., including operation optimization, emission NOx rate: 250 - 350 mg/mN3
- 1997 – A plan of primary measures and a design of operational algorithms to reduce NOx emissions in the K5 pulverized coal-fired boiler, as a subcontractor for Vítkovice a. s., including operation optimization, emission NOx rate: 250 - 350 mg/mN3
- 1997 - Modelling and a design of modifications of the classifiers of the beater wheel mills for the K3-K6 boilers and subsequent realization of these modifications within the increase in performance reserve of the mills
- 2000-2001 – Model testing of the designs modifications of pulverized coal pipes, burners and combustion chamber (combustion) of the 350 t/h boilers to solve problems with abrasion and slagging in the combustion room
- 2004 – Measurement of the Prunerov I Power Plant beater wheel mill circuits to identify the impact of return dampers on a lower-consumption mode and boilers
- 2003-2004 – Realization of an online system of operational system prognosis and beater wheel mill circuit reserves for the 350 t/h boilers
- 2005 – A plan of modifications to reduce NOx emissions below 250 mg/m3 in K5 lignite pulverized coal-fired boiler. Realization by Vitkovice Heavy Machinery, a.s.
- 2006 – Coordination and monitoring of combustion stability and a low-calorific fuel combustion test
- 2007-2008 – Proposed measures, modifications and realization for K3, K4, K5 and K6 boilers in order to increase efficiency by reducing the ratio of slag that has a high rate of unburned residue in the discharge
- 2010 – Modelling of abrasions on the ECO input element, assessment of the efficiency of protective internals, new proposed measures against abrasions
- 2010 – An analysis of possible causes for the larger amount of combustible matter in the fly-ash of 350 t/h boilers